Run the Bluegrass


This morning I ran the Lexington half marathon, Run the Bluegrass! It was beautiful weather and I had a much better time than I had anticipated. My official finish time was 2:13:17 ! They gave out unique horse shoe medallions instead of the traditional ribbon necklace.

I'm really happy with that time, I was just over 10 minute miles. The first half I was definitely under 10, but I couldn't hold on past mile 7.. still I'm happy to have kept up my pace and glad that I didn't stop to walk. It's 9pm, I finished the race at 10:15am, my stomach has finally settled down. I was a little under-prepared because I'm such a baby when it comes to running in the cold!! I'll know better next time.

To finish off a good day, our St. Luke softball team went out and won our first game of the season! 12-0!! What a great start to Spring Break 2011! Next weekend: 12 mile hike through the Pisgah National Forest in NC!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freshman

Jamie's notes