Jamie's notes



Just thought I'd fill you in on the details of contest day.
5:30am: Wake up and make pancakes!!
6:00am: Apply more Tanning products
7:00am: John packs while Jamie gets herself ready.
8:30am: Leave for the show (luckily only 10 minutes away)
10:00am: John is out of his pre-contest meeting and we watch prejudging together.
1:30pm: John is on stage being judged: (Big thanks to Dana and Chuck who had t-shirts made for us that say TEAM JAGILL to support John or J.ohn A.ndrew GILLispie)
3:00pm: Eat Subway for lunch with our friends Johnny and Cat and sisters Dana and Jenny!
6:00pm: Back to the convention center for the night show!
11:00pm: John was performing his 1-minute routine !! ( I may have been more nervous than he was)
12:30am: On our way home
1:00am: Post contest pig out: Mexican food, cake, brownies, icecream and way too much more.
3:30am: Finally in bed.

The next morning we were up by 8:30am making an enormous breakfast. John was able to wash off about a third of his tan. I am so proud of John; I can't believe how dedicated he has been. For those of you who weren't with us through the holiday season- John did not cheat at all! Not one piece of pie! I really think his efforts have paid off and I am very proud of him for suffering through all the comments and questions people have had about his interesting diet and physical changes.
As for me, I am trying to talk myself into being healthier. I mean, Summer will be here before you know it and who wants to stand next to John in a bathing suit!?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great job John!!!

I have questions:

1. do the judges give you any feedback, such as a recorded tape or comment sheet? I would hope that since it was your first show they could tell you how to improve!

2. did you win money?

3. i can't believe you pigged out! When is the next show?

4. Are you coming to visit us in lex next weekend
John and Jamie said…
Answers:

1. No. No feedback. Sometimes the judges will find you in the lobby later and offer their advice or opinion, but this was one of the larger shows in the country, so no dice on judge interaction.

2. No money in amateur divisions. Only pros win money, amateurs can just win stuff. No stuff for me, just a trophy. Stuff someday though...

3. Mexican, pizza, chocolate cake, brownies and ice cream, lucky charms. Monday--back on the diet. Next show is 4-4-09

4. Yes, we'll be in Lexington. Can't wait to see you.

Popular posts from this blog

Freshman